The County Economic Development Framework includes 10 Strategy Areas, places that deserve further study as economic development and investment areas.
Strategy Area 2: Southeast Manufacturing Hub
The Southeast Manufacturing Hub is a critical area of manufacturing, wholesale trade, and construction jobs with a primary focus on high tech manufacturing and food processing.
- Total Jobs 2011: 34,512
- Highest Concentrations: Manufacturing (35.7%),
Wholesale Trade (13.6%)
- Percent of Jobs Paying More than
$40,000 Annually: 51.9%
- Percent of Current Employees with a Bachelor’s Degree: 21.5%
- Percent of Employees Age 29 or Younger: 18.0%
- Corridor Assets: Freight rail lines, Metroparks
- Recent and Planned Investments: Two Corridor TLCIs
- Communities and Advocates: Solon; Oakwood; Glenwillow; Bedford Heights; and Warrensville Heights
- Training and Education Centers: N/A
- County Districts: 6 and 9
Download the Economic Development Framework to learn more about the assets and strategies for this and the other nine identified Strategy Areas.