The County Economic Development Framework includes 10 Strategy Areas, places that deserve further study as economic development and investment areas.
Strategy Area 1: Headquarters Highway
Headquarters Highway is a stretch of commercial and retail businesses along I-271 between I-480 and the Cuyahoga County/Lake County border. The corridor is attractive to major corporations primarily in the retail, finance and insurance industries. In addition, the corridor has ready access to I-271 and public transportation.
- Total Jobs 2011: 63,514
- Highest Concentrations: Healthcare and Social Assistance
(20.9%); Finance and Insurance (18.6); Retail Trade (11.8)
- Percent of Jobs Paying More than $40,000 Annually: 42.4%
- Percent of Current Employees with a Bachelor’s Degree: 28.1%
- Percent of Employees Age 29 or Younger: 23.2%
- Corridor Assets: Thistledown Racino; Legacy Village; Five
- Recent and Planned Investments: Mayfield Village Green Corridor Master Plan
- Communities and Advocates: Beachwood; Woodmere;
Highland Hills; Highland Heights; Warrensville Heights; North
Randall; Lyndhurst; and parts of Mayfield Heights and Mayfield Village
- Education and Training Centers: Baldwin Wallace East; Tri-C East, and Corporate College
- County Districts: 6, 9, and 11
Download the Economic Development Framework to learn more about the assets and strategies for this and the other nine identified Strategy Areas.