Cuyahoga County has many places for hiking, jogging, bicycling, horseback riding, cross-country skiing, and walking. By following some basic rules, these places can be enjoyed by everyone.
In order for all users to have an enjoyable and safe experience, pedestrians, cyclists and motorized vehicle drivers should understand and follow trail and bikeway safety and etiquette practices.
Here are some resources which describe and explain trail and bikeway safety and etiquette. Please familiarize yourself with these practices and follow them whenever you use a trail, cycle a bike route, or share a road with cyclists when driving.
- National Park Service: Hiking Etiquette
- American Hiking Society: Hiking Etiquette
- Cleveland Metroparks: Trail Courtesy and Rules
- Bike Cleveland: Bikes and the Law
- Rails-to-Trails Conservancy: Share the Trail; COVID-19 Resources
- Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority: Buses and Bicycles Riding Together
- National Recreation and Parks Association: Coronavirus Disease 2019