CUYAHOGA COUNTY PLANNING COMMISSION
ANNOUNCES THE FOLLOWING CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Perform technical work in Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and maintain GIS and other databases with direct supervision by the Manager, Research and Information Services. Assists Planning Commission staff with maps, data, and analysis that supports community master plans, regional land use analyses, and special projects such as transit planning, food access, and tree canopy studies.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare hardcopy and digital map products using GIS-based software (such as ESRI’s ArcGIS) for agency staff, other county offices and departments, municipalities, and other clientele (e.g., nonprofits, businesses, etc.)
- Design, develop and maintain GIS and other databases
- Analyze and interpret digital data sets, maps, aerial photography and other source documents
- Perform GIS data conversion and spatial analysis
- Create and maintain on-line map data
- Catalog and maintain agency’s inventory of maps and GIS-related documents
- Perform other duties deemed appropriate
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in geography, GIS, Planning or a related field from an accredited college or university and a minimum of one (1) to two (2) years of working experience
- Working knowledge of ArcMap, ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS Online, Adobe Creative Cloud, Microsoft Excel, Access and PowerPoint
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of geographic based information and computer software programs used in database management
- Knowledge of basic descriptive statistics
- Ability to create work products that are high quality and timely and consistent with the goals and objectives of the assignment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work on several projects or issues simultaneously
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
How to Apply
Please direct your cover letter and resume to Mary Cierebiej, Executive Director, Cuyahoga County Planning Commission and submit by 4:30 p.m. on August 22, 2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The cover letter should briefly describe the following:
- Your GIS experience and how you are qualified for the role
- Your vision for how the Cuyahoga County Planning Commission can utilize GIS platforms to help guide sustainable development and investments within the fifty-nine communities of Cuyahoga County.
Cuyahoga County Planning Commission is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
For other county employment opportunities, please visit the Cuyahoga County Department of Human Resources.