Applications for the Program Year (PY) 2022 Cuyahoga County Healthy Urban Tree Canopy Grant Program were due by 4:00 p.m. on Monday, February 28, 2022.
Grant program funds will be awarded on a reimbursement basis. This funding opportunity aims to provide financial assistance for tree plantings throughout the county to help ameliorate the impacts of climate change and tree canopy loss. In PY 2022, applicants are strongly encouraged to submit projects that:
- Implement high impact reforestation projects,
- Expand tree canopy through community reforestation projects,
- Support the implementation of community urban forestry plans.
Program Year 2022 Application Materials
The Healthy Urban Tree Canopy Grant Program evaluation process incorporates the following documents and forms:
- Applicant Manual
- Application Form
- Appendix A: Project Expenses Worksheet (Instructions)
- Appendix B: Tree Planting Inventory Worksheet
- Certification of Local Match Template
- Urban Forestry Consultants
- The Program Year 2022 Applicant Workshop was held on February 10, 2022.
Download the presentation
Application Due Date
To be considered for financial assistance, applications must be submitted electronically via direct email or file sharing service no later than:
4:00 p.m. Monday, February 28, 2022
to the Healthy Urban Tree Canopy Grant Program
c/o Cuyahoga County Planning Commission
INCOMPLETE OR LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE EVALUATED.
The Healthy Urban Tree Canopy Grant Program is coordinated by the Cuyahoga County Department of Sustainability, the Cuyahoga County Planning Commission, the Cuyahoga County Board of Health, and the Cuyahoga Soil & Water Conservation District.