Applications for the Program Year (PY) 2023 Cuyahoga County Healthy Urban Tree Canopy Grant Program were due by 4:00 p.m. on Thursday, June 8, 2023.
The Program Year 2023 Healthy Urban Tree Canopy Grant Program provides funds to protect and expand Cuyahoga County’s tree canopy. In PY 2023, applicants are strongly encouraged to submit projects that:
- Support growth, plans, and maintenance of existing tree canopy throughout Cuyahoga County, including in the county’s designated Equity Zones and climate vulnerability zones.
- Prioritize planting large, canopy trees and/or implementing large-scale planting efforts or high impact reforestation projects in connected, contiguous spaces.
- Support the development and implementation of community urban forestry plans.
Program Year 2023 Application Materials
The Healthy Urban Tree Canopy Grant Program evaluation process incorporates the following documents and forms:
- Applicant Manual
- Application Form
(After downloading the form, please unblock the file before proceeding.)
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Certification of Local Match Template
- Sample Project Expenses Worksheet
- Supplemental Information Cover Page Sample
- Urban Forestry Consultants
- Healthy Urban Tree Canopy Map Viewer
- The PY 2023 Healthy Urban Tree Canopy Program Applicant Workshop was held on May 4, 2023.
Download the presentation
Application Due Date
To be considered for financial assistance, applications must be submitted electronically via direct email or file sharing service no later than:
4:00 p.m. Thursday, June 8, 2023
to the Healthy Urban Tree Canopy Grant Program
c/o Cuyahoga County Planning Commission
INCOMPLETE OR LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE EVALUATED.
The Healthy Urban Tree Canopy Grant Program is coordinated by the Cuyahoga County Department of Sustainability, the Cuyahoga County Planning Commission, the Cuyahoga County Board of Health, and the Cuyahoga Soil & Water Conservation District.