2022 Community Planning Grants
The Cuyahoga County Planning Commission (County Planning) is soliciting project applications for the 2022 Community Planning Grant Program.
Applications open: September 15, 2022
Applications close: October 14, 2022 at 4:00 p.m.
Goal of the Community Planning Grant Program
The primary goal of the Community Planning Grant Program is to further the mission of County Planning. Offering our planning services can help strengthen local planning and promote best practices. We help develop and update tools, strategies, and regulations to improve the environment, economic development, and quality of life for the residents, businesses, and visitors of Cuyahoga County. These activities will:
- Identify short-and-long range goals to match community priorities and needs;
- Prepare communities, residents, and businesses for the future development;
- Provide opportunities for community input and engagement; and,
- Give a competitive advantage when communities are applying for grants and funding for project implementation.
Through the Community Planning Grant Program, County Planning staff will provide planning and technical services to complete various planning, zoning, and related technical projects proposed by Cuyahoga County communities. Historically this program exclusively provided services to develop and update community master plans. Based on feedback from communities and given limited resources for full-scale master plans, County Planning is limiting eligible activities to more targeted planning projects in the 2022 Community Planning Grant Program. Eligible activities include planning and zoning projects focused on targeted geographic areas, corridors or topics, including, but not limited to, the following:
- Corridor Studies;
- Neighborhood/Small Area plans;
- Business District Revitalization Plans;
- Build-out Analyses;
- Data Mapping/Spatial Analyses;
- Target Zoning Code or Chapter Updates;
- Updates to Zoning Maps and Development of Online Resources;
- Park and Open Space Planning;
- Active Transportation Planning;
- Sidewalk Inventories;
- Walkability Analyses; and
- Community Surveys.
The following project types are ineligible and not being considered for funding for the 2022 Community Planning Grant Program:
- Community-wide master plans
- Comprehensive zoning code updates
Many current and past projects completed by County Planning are available online. Interested communities are encouraged to contact Jim Sonnhalter at (216) 443-3713 or email@example.com to discuss any project and its appropriateness for the Community Planning Grant Program prior to applying.
All 59 communities in Cuyahoga County are eligible to participate, including those that have previously received awards. Cities, villages, and townships must be the primary applicant. Communities are encouraged to partner with local groups, organizations, or other neighboring communities. Only one application can be submitted per eligible community.