Home to corporate headquarters and regional parks, Mayfield Village is small community with a regional impact. With a focus on strengthening business development, connecting neighborhoods, and identifying service and infrastructure needs, this Master Plan will help maintain the high quality of life Village residents enjoy.
The Mayfield Village Master Plan will serve as a blueprint for guiding land use, development, and service policy and actions over the next ten years.
The draft Mayfield Village Master plan, including the Implementation Phase, was presented at the public meeting on September 25, 2018.
- Community Survey Results
To inform the Master Plan, Mayfield Village and County Planning conducted a survey to understand the community’s attitudes on a variety of important issues and topics.
- Current Conditions
This section of the Master Plan outlines a series of profiles that define the Village as it exists today.
- Community Vision
The Community Vision document outlines specific vision principles and focus areas that are considered important to the community.
- Goals and Actions (Updated)
The Goals and Actions document builds out the Master Plan framework by grouping actions into place-based interventions as well as general Village-wide actions that can be taken.
Public Meeting #3 (September 25, 2018)
Public Meeting #2 (May 3, 2018)
Public Meeting #1 (February 15, 2018)
In 2017, Mayfield Village was awarded a competitive grant from the Cuyahoga County Planning Commission to update its 2020 Vision Plan, completed in 2003. County Planning will facilitate the planning process with the assistance of a Project Team, made of Village staff, and a Steering Committee, made of Village residents and business leaders. These two groups will provide essential guidance and local insight into the process to ensure that the Master Plan accurately captures the vision for Mayfield Village’s future. Three public meetings will also be held throughout the process to allow the public to provide feedback.
The Master Plan process will consist of five phases:
- Current Conditions: Research and report on demographic, land use, transportation, services, amenities, and the economic data to be used as a baseline for understanding the community.
- Community Vision: Development of a Community Vision through input from the Project Team, Steering Committee, and the first public meeting. County Planning will use the Community Vision Phase to develop a framework for the plan that identifies Core Themes & Guiding Principles that will help structure policy and action recommendations.
- Goals and Actions: The Goals and Actions phase will outline the specific policy and action recommendations to achieve the community’s desired future.
- Implementation: The Implementation phase identifies priorities for undertaking recommended actions and outlines specific strategies, partners, responsibilities, funding mechanisms for each action.
- Master Plan document: In the final phase, County Planning will combine all the previous phases into a complete Master Plan document.
Draft documents and public presentations will be posted throughout the planning process. For additional information, please visit Mayfield Village’s site.
Questions or comments about the Mayfield Village Master Plan update should be directed to: