April 2020 update
Recently the Cuyahoga County Planning Commission has received several requests for reimbursement from the 2019 Healthy Urban Tree Canopy Grants. Due to the response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Planning Commission offices are currently closed and we, like many of you, are working remotely to continue operations. While we can perform most of our operations off-site, there are limitations.
Timely reimbursement of committed grant funds is important to the Planning Commission and we recognize the potential impacts a delayed reimbursement can have on your budgets. In this regard, we will complete all reviews of each reimbursement request received and submit the request to the County procurement system at our earliest convenience. This will ensure that your reimbursement request is complete, approved, and entered into the procurement system for processing and disbursement. Once entered please allow 45 days to receive the reimbursement. We commit to making your reimbursement a priority.
A few items to keep in mind that will allow us to expedite your reimbursement requests:
- The Cuyahoga Soil & Water Conservation District continuously monitors all stages of the project development for both the planning and the planting grants.
- If you received a grant award for a planning project, the plan will be verified by the Cuyahoga Soil & Water Conservation District staff for sufficient detail to evaluate the ecological details of the project plan.
- If you received a grant award for a planting project, you are required to notify the Cuyahoga Soil & Water Conservation District no less than 72 hours in advance of scheduled tree planting activities.
Please remember to check in with Jared Bartley at Jbartley@cuyahogaswcd.org regarding your project activities.
- Costs not expressly included in the approved application will not be reimbursed. To confirm your project’s eligible reimbursement project expenses, submit your reimbursement forms to Alison Ball, Planner, via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) for her review prior to your final submission for reimbursement.
- Grant administration costs such as application preparation, preparing for reimbursement requests, travel-related expenses, or project reporting requirements are not considered eligible local matches. Please do not include these items with the reimbursement request.
- If matching funds were pledged, whether cash or in-kind, please complete the matching funds component in the Grant Payment Tracking section of the Reimbursement Request Form. A detailed breakdown of the match in a separate report must be verified with a dated signature. This report must be included with the reimbursement request in order to be honored as the match.
Please see the following links for detailed instructions and the reimbursement forms:
All cost overruns associated with a project, whether for work covered by the application or otherwise, are the sole responsibility of the project Applicant.
Cost Underruns and Scope Change
Requests for changing a project’s scope, or to use remaining funds for tree planting, will be considered by the Cuyahoga County Healthy Urban Tree Canopy Evaluation Team, when no additional funds are requested and the work to be done is directly associated with the approved project. In order to request a scope change please provide the following:
- A scope change request that briefly explains the changes to your budget submitted in the original grant request.
- A revised itemized budget that accounts for the grant dollars utilized for the (already) approved project work and how the remaining funds will be utilized for this new project work.
Project Schedule Changes
Requests for changing a project schedule will be considered by the Cuyahoga County Healthy Urban Tree Canopy Evaluation Team. In order to request a schedule change please provide the following:
- A schedule change request that briefly explains the changes to your original schedule submitted in grant request.
- A revised schedule for the project.
Reporting Requirement for Grant Awardees
Grant Awardees are required to provide an Annual Report including a budget showing funds expended in 2019 for the development of the project. This Annual Report must be submitted to the Cuyahoga County Planning Commission no later than September 30, 2020.
Next Grant Cycle
Due to COVID-19, the Cuyahoga County Healthy Urban Tree Canopy Grant Program for the next program year is on hold.
Please watch this site for any updates concerning any changes to procedures, policies, and schedules, as well as future rounds of funding.