County Planning and its Data & Information Services Section has long worked with local communities and county agencies to provide high quality maps, graphics, and data analysis.
Staff from the agency’s Information and Research Services Section can provide assistance directly to individual agencies and communities. Smaller requests can be handled at little or no cost, while more in-depth analyses can be contracted for on a time and material basis through brief agreements. Recent projects have included city council ward redistricting plans, technical support for watershed plans, and ongoing support for the County’s Office of Emergency Management.
County Planning’s online Resources Page allows for self-serve access to a variety of resources, including regularly updated Census data, and our Greenprint Viewer for environmental and land use indicators.
Our in-house tools include:
- GIS: ArcGIS with Spatial Analyst and 3D Analyst extensions, MapInfo, and Feature Manipulation Engine translation software
- Map finishing: Terrago GeoPDF for digital atlas production, Adobe Acrobat Professional and Illustrator.
- Data analysis: Microsoft Access for large data sets, Excel for analysis and chart production, SPSS statistical software, and Remark Office for processing scannable survey forms.
- Data Sources: County Planning has direct access to County Fiscal records, as well as extensive experience in navigating data from the U.S. Census Bureau, US and Ohio EPA, various State agencies, County Land Bank, and numerous other specialized and licensed sources.
- Historical Records: Hardcopy land use, zoning and other specialty maps, aerials, and Census data back to 1970.
- Large format printing: Full color prints at almost infinite sizes, with optional mounting on a variety of media.
For more information about this service, contact Daniel Meaney.